Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kim's Engagement Story - Jan 2008

January 2, 2008
What an exciting Christmas break!!!! In case you have not heard my news – I’M ENGAGED!!!!! The man who has captured my heart is someone I have known pretty much my whole life. His name is Russell Ford. He is the older brother of my life long best friend Shelle (Ford) Wilson.

Growing up I saw him as Shelle’s annoying older brother. Funny how time changes things and about fourteen years ago we tried to date each other only to find it was not God’s timing. We both had some growing up to do. We parted ways and I would ask Shelle about him from time to time. Then about six months ago Shelle asked me if I had received an e-mail from Russell. This was a big surprise because, not only had I not heard from him in years but my best friend was “helping” in setting us up by giving him my new e-mail address. Shelle was also sure it wasn’t God’s timing for us14 years ago but now she felt it was a good time to give Russell my e-mail at his request. We have slowly gotten to know each other all over again. It truly has been a God thing.

I have asked my family and friends including Doug to pray with me about this relationship and that God would make it clear that this is the path I should take and that truly has been confirmed. God has done this in HIS timing.

Our wedding date is yet to be planned but I will let you know when the date is set! So it is now with great JOY….ah sorry Doug……that I tell you
www.GetKimHitched.com has come to its end. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!