Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Doug's Wife Sheryl - Says Thanks May 2007

5/8/07
(( Here's a little update from my beautiful wife - Sheryl ... ))
Thank you for your continued prayers and support. I am so humbled by your response to my situation. I treasure each email that Doug forwards to me. God has definitely used many people over the past few months to show me I am not alone.
I am doing MUCH better. Each day is a new day. Although I had a setback a few weeks ago with a major out break of hives. 2 shots, medication and many prayers later my hives finally went away.

The one really good thing I took from that is that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt the medication I am on IS working.....as I had to cut the dose in half to see if it was the medicine. Just cutting the dose in half for several days put me back to "panic mode", emotional and just not feeling right. A few days of full dosage made a HUGE difference.

Each day I feel more and more like "myself". I really feel as if my body has gone through a major change... things that I was never allergic to -now I am, certain things or situations that never bothered me before now make me feel anxious or nervous. Although I am able to get through those situations I am very aware of them.

Dr. Anne has been such a blessing to me. With her help and guidance I am dealing with issues of my past that I have never fully dealt with. It is a process and unfortunately I can't say "when" I will be completely free from panic/anxiety but I have faith to know I will some day.

For those of you who are familiar with panic/anxiety you probably know what I am talking about. I am the kind of person who always reads the end of a book first. I have this need to know how it will end. I always have a "plan". So, the hardest part for me right now is 100% trusting God and not making my own plan, and not thinking about all of the "would of's, could of's and what if's" for the past and the present.

I ask that you keep me in your prayers as I continue down this path. Its seems like a long road at times. I am truly grateful for my husband and children’s support through out all of this. I am also very grateful for all of you. Thank you for caring about me! Sheryl