Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Doug's Mom Update and THE SHACK book

January 10, 2008
Just following up from what I said on the show today - My mom is still not doing very well, at all. The depression continues - the adjustments of the medication continue - and the need for more prayers continue. Thank you, thank you so much for your prayers, emails and encouragement. My mom is now looking into an out-patient program that will intensively monitor her daily .. Now that my step dad, Junius, is back home she can better focus on taking care of her (scroll down to catch up on that side of the story - and to see a photo of my mom and step-dad.)
ON A SIDE NOTE -little tease here for a book that is having a big impact on my family and co-workers (just gave a copy of the book to Kim to read, and just found out the boss is reading it as well) - The book is called The Shack - by William P Young - web site
www.TheShackBook.com - It's a Christian fiction book about how a father reacts and deals with God after his daughter is killed by a serial killer. It's a book that will open up your mind to so many things - I want to say so much more, but I don't want to give anything away - you're better off finding things out on your own, should you choose to read it. (side note - I have a few issues with some of what the book is saying, but remember this is a fiction book) ... I do believe their a LOT of good in this book for a lot of people.)
If you choose to read it - or have read it - drop me an email.