Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Junius


April 28th is my step-dad's birthday. This is a photo from several years back with my mom.

Each year when I try to do the math to figure out how old he is, I have to think back to his birth year - but now I can just do the math from the year he'll turn 100. (2013) ... So Happy 97th Birthday Junius!
Hard for me to imagine being that old (it's easier for Kim) ... All of the things he has seen - all of the changes ... I love and appreciate my step-dad, he came into our family when I was 11 - My parents met through a bowling league. He and I used to bowl on an adult/kid bowling league called A.A.K.C. (Adult Aggravation, Kid Confusion).

One cool piece of very unique 'step-dad' trivia I share with my wife is - Both Sheryl and I share the same middle name as our step-dads ... My middle name is Alexander - so is Junius' (So is my son's). Sheryl and her step-dad both have Lynn as their middle name. It's almost as if Someone knew we would be family one day. :)