Thursday, April 30, 2009

Will “someone” please get negative out of the way?! I can’t see.






Have you ever noticed how easy it is to go down the slippery slope of negativity? So many things pull us down – the economy, strained relationships, political views, and the guy that cut us off in traffic. Think or listen to that too long and suddenly we all begin to sport a scowl, instead of a smile. Now I am not suggesting we all break out the rose colored glasses, but I do believe that being negative can become a habit.

I caught myself the other day once again allowing negativity to get in my way. Russell and I were looking for a new place to live and as you know a lot of packing and organizing go into making sure it is a smooth transition. Long story short we were running out of time finding a new place to live and I found myself listing off all the things we still needed to do. Before I knew it that list had snow balled into all the things that had gone wrong this past year in my life. Send out the surrender flag and peel me off the floor- I was a mess.

You may have heard this phase before but I believe it’s always worth a good repeat- especially when we are trying to break out of negativity- “don’t continue to do the same thing and expect a different out come.” Continuing to be negative never breaks us out of our pit. I believe with all my heart that our focus has to change to God and those around us. Did you catch that? We have to make the choice to turn our focus. The place that is hard to go when you are trying to break this nagging habit of being negative is being THANKFUL. Focusing on those things that are right in our life – God has given us another day to breath, we have food on our table and people in our lives who truly love us. More then that we have a God that makes sure the birds have enough to eat……HOW MUCH MORE HE CARES FOR US!!!!