Thursday, April 2, 2009

No Stress!!!


Some spring therapy that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg…okay you use your legs, but we’ll get to that in a minute! I have discovered over the years (especially with working with Doug...hee hee kidding) that you need to have a little list of things you can do to de-stress. The first thing on my list is Bubbles. Even if you don’t have kids this is a perfectly cheep little bottle of fun. Find a nice lawn chair and start blowing away! You’ll find that the day’s worries will float away and then suddenly disappear. The next thing on my list is just taking a simple walk. It’s crazy but it seems with every step the troubles of the day get further and further behind me. It’s also a great time to take in God speaking through His creation. Next up on the list is getting some sleep. It turns out most of us do not get enough sleep. Believe me, Doug and I get up at 3a.m. each work day and we understand “not enough sleep”, but the day’s worries seem less monstrous when we grab some good shut eye. And finally on my little list is……laughing. Find a way to make yourself, even if you have to fake it at first, laugh out loud. I believe it is an amazing little gift God gave us to, first of all, not take our self so seriously and then put forth the effort to make the best of any given situation.